Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Benoit B. Mandelbrot

I thank Benoit B. Mandelbrot for his gift of expansion. I have studied, but have little understanding of fractals and the Chaos theory – so I moved away from trying to make senses of it all, choosing instead to meditate, feeling into the energy and images.

Now, when I connect with the Mandelbrot set (Image in left top corner) I am filled with wonderment, love, hope and safety … a little strange perhaps. Look at the image, do you notice the resemblance to a heart on its side - round, soft and filled with delights bulging, pulsating, wanting to burst through the resistance and boundaries reminding me that order and chaos are one and the same.

The seemingly chaotic experiences and circumstances I find myself in from time to time are chaotic triggers for creative energy to burst forth, embracing me with love and joy.


2010: A Mandelbrot Odyssey (FractalNet HD)
Watch this video on YouTube. An epic journey across the Mandelbrot set, exploring many different embedded Julia sets. Designed and rendered using FractalNet, my distributed fractal renderer.
"'That which is above is the same as that which is below'...Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos. The universe is the same as God, God is the same as man, man is the same as the cell, the cell is the same as the atom, the atom is the same as...and so on, ad infinitum." ~ Taken from the Emerald Tablet by Thoth/Hermes Trismegistus

No comments:

Post a Comment